Have dry hair and scalp and so much of hair fall. How do I take care of this?

Dermatologist
Question
I have dry hair and dry scalp, may be because of this there is so much of hair fall. How do I take care of this ?
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 25 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Dry hair and dry scalp can be treated with these measures
1) apply warm olive oil or coconut oil over scalp once in a week. Wrap it in a warm steamed towel and shampoo.
2) use a shampoo meant for dry hair. If hair is too dry, use a shampoo for dry hair which is SLES free.
3) use a conditioner after every wash and apply it only at hair end. Also use a serum in damp hair.
4) use a hair mask once in a week
5) do not comb wet hair, just detangle it with fingers.
6) use this homemade hair pack once in 3 weeks- mix egg yolk, honey,lemon juice, soaked and ground methi seeds, olive oil. blend it well to make a thick paste and apply it over hair for half an hour. cover it with a shower pack and wash off.
7) if having dandruff also use a ketoconazole based shampoo once in a week.
8) trim your hair once in a month.

if the hair fall continues even after these steps, take a hair supplement XXXXXXX in protein, vitamins and minerals like adgain,reviles or follihair new. Also apply minoxidil solution 2percent twice in a day.
Hope these steps would solve your problem.