Have done stool analysis parasitology for child. What are the findings and treatment?

My eight year old son's comprehensive stool analysis parasitology x3 report shows 2 + alpha hemolytic strep and 3 + proteus mirabilis. how to treat this?
need to know how to treat our child's gut with the 2 + alpha hemolytic strep,
3+ proteus mirabilis
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 3 hours later
Hello!Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a gastroenterologist

Stool analysis is suggestive of Gastrointestinal tract infection with alpha hemolytic streptococci and proteus mirabilis for which he requires a course of antibiotics like 3rd generation cephalosporins and aminoglycoside to which both bacteria are sensitive. You may discuss his treating doctor about the dosage. Before starting antibiotics get stool culture examination also to know to which antibiotics these bacteria are sensitive. Keep his hydration level well by giving lots of fluid. Give him a course of pre and probiotic also.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.