Have digestive problem with parasite in stomach. How to treat this?

Hi Doctor I have digestive problem and I have seen doctors but they don't seem to help me all the final test result came up negative but I really believe I have parasite worm in my lower belly .
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work I'm providing you with some information and recommendations.

The only way to diagnose a parasite in the intestines is to obtain a sample directly from the inside of the intestinal tract or from a stool sample.

Regarding H Pylori there is also a blood test which can be used to diagnose.

If you have symptoms which are consistent with a parasite you can ask your doctor to treat you with medication that would cover a typical parasite infection.

Depending on the position the doctor may prefer to have a convincing evidence including a positive test result for giving you antibiotics.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional follow-up concerns.

Dr. Robert