Have difficulty in breathing while urinating. What to do?

I have difficulity in breathing when I have to urinate. Should I be concerned
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that you are having chrons , pancreatitis ( due to crohn ) , asthma , and now having breathing difficulty while urinating.

All these diseases that is crohns , asthma and pancreatitis are autoimmune disease.

These autoimmune diseases are known to cause disturbance in autonomic system known as dysautonomia , because your antibodies attack on your autonomic system , and hence nerves get sick.

Autonomic system are concerned with your urinary system breathing , heart system.

You urinate because your autonomic system gets activated and you urinate.

But when there is problem in autonomic system , which causes vasovagal or urinary pre-syncope , and hence your breathing problem while urinating.

Either your breathing stops , become abrupt , or increase in breathing , due to wrong activation of the autonomic system and causes lung tubules to constrict and you get this feeling.

I would recommend that you should go to your doctor and get a , nerve studies of autonomic system , and this problem will be solved.

Feel free to ask any further questions.