Have diabetic neuropathy, severe weakness, fatigue and lethargic. Taking vitamin c tablets. What should I do to stay fresh and energetic?

Question
Hi I am 45 yrs, have diabetic neuropathy and severe right side weakness which has started on right side too. I feel severe fatigue, lethargic, almost dehydrated in these hot summer months. take almost 1500 - 2000 mg of Vit C tablets, coconut water, lemon water too. Pls advise what should I do to stay fresh and energetic?
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Weight

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 23 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Taking vitaminC and lemonade is okay but you should avoid coconut water because it contains saturated fats and high potassium- both are harmful for you.
You must get the fasting and postprandial blood sugar and HbA1c levels to find out whether you sugar in control.
At times uncontrolled diabetes leads to tired state.
You should add a multivitamin supplement like tab. Supradyn daily at bed time rather than taking only vit.C
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Have diabetic neuropathy, severe weakness, fatigue and lethargic. Taking vitamin c tablets. What should I do to stay fresh and energetic? 1 hour later
Thank you for your feedback Dr XXXXXXX

I'm currently taking Revital capsule in the morning. Should I discontinue the same if I start Supradyn?

My sugar levels stay between 160-180 and Hb1ac is around 7.4.

Can you help me set my daily medications? I seem to be taking an overdose of medicines.

XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 17 hours later
Hi XXXXX,
Welcome back to healthcare Magic!
Your diabetes is borderline uncontrolled. The HbA1c level should be about 5.5-6.0 and sugar 100 fasting and 180 after meals.
Supradyn is a therapeutic supplement, you can omit Revital.
Sorting out drugs is a complex decision and should be done by your regular physician who knows your system.
Take Care!