Have diabetes, hypertension, asthma. Treating varicose veins. Can leaking capillaries in legs be caused by Ecosprin?

can leaking capillaries in legs be caused by Ecosprin 150,? that I am taking as I am having a history of diabetes, hypertension and Asthma and am also obese. I have a family history of diabetes and heart trouble ( father had Asthma and heart trouble, and died of a major heart attack at the age of 57 after surviving two earlier attacks in his 50's)
I am also taking XXXXXXX vinegar, with honey for treatment of varicose veins and started the treatment after a vein burst in my foot and I lost a lot of blood without even feeling the blood flow...till I was alerted to it by someone else.
Please help...!
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.

No. Ecosprin is a form of Aspirin. As such it falls under a category of medicine call 'antiplatelets'. Aspirin will give you some protection against blood clotting in that they stop platelets from sticking together and forming clot. Because of your strong family history of coronary artery disease, taking aspirin is a very good idea.

They do not however cause leaking capillaries in your legs. These and your ruptured varicose vain are caused by back pressure and you taking aspirin has nothing to do with it. You may need to have your varicose veins looked after surgically.

Obviously you need to keep your diet and weight in check. You might also consider testosterone replacement therapy especially if your cholesterol is high.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime. Please take care.

Dr Andrew Rynne.