Have diabetes and high fasting blood sugar level. Is it ok to go for tooth extraction and denture?
User rating for this question
hi, my mom-in law is 72 yrs and diabetic with 172 fasting two days back. she wants to go for tooth extraction and denture. is it ok . what should be the level of sugar at this age for extraction?
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Amitabha Chakraborty 50 minutes later
hello, Thank you for this query send directly to me. One thing you have not mentioned that whether it is the regular fasting sugar level for her after taking insulin.If not then you have to consult your physician to reduce it little more, at least below 150. But if she is having almost same level for long time then she can safely extract her tooth provided she has to follow the following measures. 1. Appointment should be in the morning, not after whole days strain 2. she will take her normal dose of Insulin in the morning 3. Then she will take her normal breakfast and the extraction should be done roughly one hour after breakfast. I am almost sure she will not face any problem with normal tooth extraction. But if it is a surgical procedure you must consult early with your oral surgeon. An optimum post extraction antibiotic cover is a must. If she is suffering with hypertension and allied cardiac problem, a consultation with her physician should be done. Hope i have answered your query. Any further clarification is always welcome. I will be available again after 9 PM IST. Thank you.
People also viewed
- I have been experiencing hair loss please suggest treatment
- Gum infection ampiclox
- High blood sugar levels diabetes
- Is depo trust enough to prevent or stop pregnancy
- Vein between front teeth swollen
- Drug used in pyorrhea treatment
- Can masturbation cause cancer
- Diabetes mellitus and tooth extraction
- Diabetes tooth extraction glucose level safe
- High random blood sugar level suggestive of diabetes
- Spontaneously bleeding incisive papilla
- Inner cheeks in mouth discoloration
- Blood sugar levels for diabetics
- Suffering from scalp psoriasis from 9 months
- What is the maximum level for avil injection