Have delayed periods, put on weight and breasts are sore. HPT negative. Have brown discharge from nipple. Advise?

I was due for my period yesterday but it still has not come. I have done 3 pregnancy tests which are all negative. I have been putting on weight the last 3 weeks and also my breasts are very sore and larger. Could I possibly be pregnant?? and also I noticed I have a brown-black discharge coming from my left nipple what ddoes this mean??

thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 20 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX The timing of your pregnancy test is not right, because urine pregnancy tests will be positive 5-7days after missing periods. I suggest you to wait for atleast 7 days, then if you still don't get your periods, kindly repeat the pregnancy test.
Putting on weight could be unrelated to pregnancy, even stress can lead you to eat more and gain weight.
Breast discharge needs to be evaluated, as you have undergone breast augmentation.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Follow-up: Have delayed periods, put on weight and breasts are sore. HPT negative. Have brown discharge from nipple. Advise? 50 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. Can you please tell me what you mean by 'evaluated' for the breast discharge?? What are the possibilities??
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Hi Sdavie,

Thank you for the followup question.

As you have undergone breast augmentation surgery, you need be evaluated thoroughly for abnormal breast discharge. Possibilities are:
1) Intraductal papilloma: This is a small benign (not cancer) wart-like growth in a duct lining near the nipple, which may become irritated and bleed, producing a pinkish, brown or bloody discharge. It is the most common cause of bloody nipple discharge and should be removed.
2) Breast Infection: A spontaneous pus-like discharge from the nipple due to a mastitis (breast infection) or breast abscess and may require an antibiotic to treat.
3) Duct ectasia: Multi-colored discharge from one nipple that occurs most often in a milk duct that is clogged and swollen. Although it usually clears up by itself, it should be monitored.
4)Rarely breast malignancy.

You need to undergo microscopic examination of discharge and mammography/ultrasound/mammary ductoscopy to exclude the aforementioned possibilities.

Hope I clarified your doubts.
If you do not have any clarification further you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.

Dr Arif