Have deformed leg since birth. Grew up with tilted pelvis. Having pain when standing. What to do?

I have had a deformed left leg since birth. It is two inches short of the left. My parents said I was apparently born that way. But they tell the story that when I was less the six months old I was severely ill with pneumonia symptons. I grew up with a tilted pelvis and now I have pain when I stand.
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 3 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your pain. Because of a wrong alignment stress has been there on one hip joint which is causing the pain to you. You must have undergone investigations and doctors must have suggested you some remedy. Two things that come to my mind are:
1. The condition of your hip joint: If it has been affected a lot then doctors must have suggested some solutions for it which you need to share.
2. Wearing some additional sole in the affected limb so that the pelvic tilt is corrected. Doctors must have ensured this in your younger age.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal