Have darkening of skin due to razor shaving. Looking for solution

My face skin is darkening because of razor shaving. I use a shaving cream and do not use any after shaves. Could you please advise a solution for this.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 7 hours later
Darkening of skin may occur due to various reasons including sun exposure, cosmetics, soaps and other chemicals and environmental factors.
if you have darkening only in the beard area it could be attributed due to friction of razor.
if it is seen on full face it could be due to factors mentioned above.
As treatment I advice you to regularly use sun screens and de-pigmenting creams which includes kojic acid and botanicals.
I do not advice steroids and hydroquinone as they can produce immediate benefits but long term side effects.
you may also under go chemical peels which will have added effects.
I hop that you will consult your dermatologist to decide which one suits you best.
Bye, Have a nice day ahead
Prasad PVS