Have dark spots near inner thigh, between forefinger and thumb. Looking for permanent solution

Dermatologist
Question
Dear Sir,

I have dark spots(patches) between forefinger and thumb. Before(6-8 month back) also, one time it came and gone away(black color diminishing slowly). But, now it is dark again(black color). Is this anything to do with diet?

Also I have same dark spots/patches near inner thighs. I think, it is because of inflammation. But I don't have any itching sensation. Does ITCH GUARD is best treatment for this? Can these area be white again?

Do we have any permanent solution instead of putting cream when ever it comes. Do I need to change my diet to make my body cool?

Do you feel this as Diabetes syndrome?

Thanks,
XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Psoriasis

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 16 hours later
Hi!,

Thank you for posting the query,

You have provided with good information regarding your skin problem and it is a very good description. I appreciate it.
I understood your problem however it would be good if you can answer few of my queries:

1) Does the dark patch between the fingers itch ?
2) Was it red any time ?
3) Do you observe any peeling or thickening of skin over the area between fingers or palm ?
4) Is this lesions only on one arm ?
5) Did the groin area itch any time earlier?
6) Does the two thigh rub each other while walking?
7) Is the groin area patch bilateral(both sides) ?

Answer to these questions would help me understand your problem better.Even a close up picture of the lesion would help me further. So if you can send me a picture of the lesion on fingers ,I would appreciate.
You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.You can also email the same to YYYY@YYYY with “ATTN: ” in the subject line.

For the pigmentation on fingers you can use hydroquinone (3%- 4%) creams at night time .You can also use any potent topical steroid cream like clobetasole propionate cream with 3% salicylic acid in day time.

For the groins (if there is no itching) ,you can use hydroquinone cream at night time.You can even go for some laser treatment if cream doesn't work. For this you need to consult a competent dermatologist with laser experience in the field.

The two pigmentation doesn't seems to be related to diet , so you don't need to change your diet at all , .But the thigh pigmentation could be because of friction between two thighs.The one between fingers could be due to allergic reaction to some elements.

These pigmentation are not related to diabetes also .

Itch guard is not a treatment for the same,please discontinue it if you are using it.

If you can reply me with the answers and the pictures, I would be able to suggest you better.

Awaiting for your reply.
Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.

Follow-up: Have dark spots near inner thigh, between forefinger and thumb. Looking for permanent solution 43 minutes later
Sir,

Please find answer for below query:

No
2) Was it red any time ?
No, Some day it will be darker(black) and some other days light patches.
Yes, The black spot area is somewhat thicker than normal skin.
4) Is this lesions only on one arm ?
No. One arm is more darker than other(Left arm is more darker than right).
No. I feel groin area is hot compare other region
No.
Yes.

Please find the photo attachment of my finger area for more details.

In groin area, I feel sweat and want to keep some ice piece for cooling it. Does shaving of hairs near to groin will have any help?

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 23 hours later
Hi! XXXXXXX

Thank you for the reply and pictures.

The pigmentation between the fingers seems to be some kind of allergic reaction ,also induced by friction .This could possibly be due to coming in contact with the handle of a bike or of a car driving wheel.May be that you are allergic to leather or rubber of the cover.The treatment stands the same as I had discussed earlier .

As far as groin area is concerned it seems you have a fungal infection leading to pigmentation . You need a course of anti fungal tablet like terbinafin or fluconazole for a month .This would help reduce the infection ,but the pigmentation might take long time to go.Later on for pigmentation you can use hydroquinone cream topically at night .

Shaving of hair won't help in this.

You can get the drugs prescribed from your dermatologist after his consultation.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.