Have dark spots due to acne. Applied Onabet B on full face instead of affected area. Any side effects?

Dermatologist
Question
Can Onabet B cream applied on face fully instead of affected areas? I have dark spots on face which have occured due to acne. I had visited a dermatologist, she has prescribed me to take Isotroin 20mg at night and also to apply Onabet B cream on full face at night.
Does Onabet B cream have any side effects on face? I am little worried as I will be applying this kind of cream first time on my face.
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 minutes later
Thanks for the query,
Please dont apply this cream.
You mentioned you have dark spots due acne,
This cream is an antifungal with steroid.

Hope you dont have a fungal infection.

Isotretinoin is fine, It will give you relief from acne.

Onabet has steroid, so it can cause thinning of skin of face.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
Thank you

Follow-up: Have dark spots due to acne. Applied Onabet B on full face instead of affected area. Any side effects? 47 minutes later
Thank you for your reply.

I also have acne on my body, this has left dark spots even on my body. The spots on my face and body are dark brown in color.
My doctor has written Acne Vugaris on the prescribed sheet. So can acne vulgaris be also caused due to any fungal infection? Am confused on this. Pls advise.
I will even clear with my doctor on this.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 21 minutes later
No, fungus does not cause acne vulgaris.
Isotretinoin will help you in controlling both facial as well body acne.
As a cream you can use clindamycin or tretinoin cream.

Thank you