Have dark shadows in the corner of eyes and close to nose. What is this?

Dermatologist
Question
I have for as long as I can remember had dark shadows in the corners of my eyes close to my nose. It spans out to the upper eye lid to just below the eyes fading out about a quarter way towards the centre of my eyes. I've only ever seen something similar on another fellow redhead who was about 13years old at the time. None of my family members have it. I do work with computers all day but I'm fairly sure I've had this from way before I started using computers.

Some days I'm guessing it must get darker than others and I've had people say "are you ok it looks like I have a black eye". I get plenty of sleep minimum of 6 hours but usually 7-8hours a night. I eat quite well. I was just wondering if I was possibly deficient in some vitamins or minerals or do I just have thinner skin in that area. Or do I need more than 8 hours sleep a night?
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
Hello     
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question

You have got a very classic peri orbital melanosis which can be treated by various combination treatments . The combination treatments include:
Vitamin C serum applications around the eye
Continue with a Good Sleeping habits
Drink at least 5to 6 glasses of water per day
Do not use any scrubs nor do any form of friction or rubbing in the area.
You can also get Glycolic gelpeels done at the Dermatologist clinic. These area done every 10 days for atleast 8 to 12 sessions .

They would help in reducing the darkness .

If you also observe there is a trough below both the eyes. Trough refers to the narrow furrow like depression below the eye diagonally .
This causes a shadow effect on the area .
Once you would fill this with a filler You would get a very good response as the shadow effect would go away .

Thanks and Take care