Have cysts on scrotum, not painful but looks weird. What should I do?

Jul 2016

If have 5-6 cysts on scrotum, all are very small but one is of medium size, , they are not painful, but looks weird. What should I do, Please suggest.
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have multiple sebaceous cysts over scrotum.

Scrotal skin is XXXXXXX in sebaceous glands compared to rest of the body skin hence more prone for getting these cysts. These cyst develop due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin.secondary to the blockage of the glands.

Normally no treatment is required as these cysts fade away themselves over a period of time.However they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected.

You have one of the cyst of a medium size .Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation ,he may take the decision regarding treatment with antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: Have cysts on scrotum, not painful but looks weird. What should I do? 6 hours later

Can you suggest any Urologist in Indirangar area.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for follow up.
Dr NayananThomos is a Qualified well known Urologist in Indiranagar.
He practices in C.M.H hospital Indiranagar.
If you want to consult me do visit in Medihope Hospital Vidyan Nagar close to Indiranagar.
You can fix up the appointment by calling on 0000.
Thanks and Regards.