Have cough and sinusitus. On antibiotic and antihistamine. Feels mucus drains from ear into throat. Suggest?

Ive had a cough for almost a month now. I have chronic sinusitus so my ENT first put me on antibiotics and after the infection cleared ask me to take antihistamines for a week. Off late whenever i cough i throw up and i can also feel the mucous drain from my ear into my throat and usually that is what makes me cough. Xaria seems to provide some relief. why is this happening
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Guru 50 minutes later

The problem you have right now that is, cough with feeling of mucous drain from your ear into throat may also be a symptom of chronic sinusitis that you had. Usually, chronic sinusitis has some underlying causes like nasal polyps or associated with upper airways structural abnormalities. As you already had a course of antibiotics, surgical intervention may benefit frequent recurrence. But the decision completely depends on the physical examination by an ENT doctor.

Futhermore, we need to exclude dental root infection, vasomotor rhinitis. Also, need to check that appropriate sensitive antibiotics have been given as there are symptoms of infection still.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.