Have cough. Noticed yellowish lumps on tongue. What is causing this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a cough, and the exhaled air smells sour, like spoiled milk. New symptom this AM is yellowish lumps on tongue, which can be removed by a tongue brush. Wondering what it is.
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to is.

What i feel is that you have developed oro pharyngeal infection along with reduced oral immunity leading to fungal infection in the oral cavity known as candidiasis.
I would suggest you to take any good anti fungal drug along with antifungal mouthwash and multi vitamin.
You must visit a dentist for cleanup to improve your oral hygiene if possible as that will help in eliminating the infection from your system.

Do let me know if you have any more queries.