Have costochondritis, pain after wrestling, minor headache. Want to treat the problem.

I have costochondritis. I really want this problem to go away I have stopped for a week and it has gotten better but I wan't to know when I will be able to get back. There is barley pain at the moment but I wrestled someone to day and its just little little pain but I know it gets worse
Also I have been diagnosed with it by a doctor and I have been having minor headaches all week.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 17 minutes later

Costochondritis is an inflammation of the joints in your chest. There is no specific test or investigation for costochondritis. The diagnosis can only be reached after excluding more serious causes of chest pain that are related to the heart and lungs.

It is completely curable and treatment involves conservative local care with careful use of non steroidal anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen or naproxen.

Application of warm compresses may also help. If there is no relief even with medications, then steroid injections may be needed.
You may need to consult an orthopedician and get the medicines prescribed.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.