Have corn in my foot. Is there any treatment other than operation?

Hello doctor,
i have around 6 to 7 Corn in my foot and its pain me a lot i took all medicine but it is not going my family doctor is telling me to get operate i want to ask is operation is safe if safe then which specialist doctor should i consult.
Thanking you, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Jawad Shahzad 59 minutes later

I can understand your concerns; if the doctor you are seeing is sure that it's definitely a corn then you are right, they can be very resistant to treatment.

The most important thing in treating corns is to remove the factor which is causing it. Because in almost all the cases there is a factor like increased friction, ill fitted footwear, may be a profession like gardener or a farmer and also sometimes the abnormal anatomy of the foot by itself which can be the cause.

So my point is that as long as these factors are not considered they will regrow, even after surgery. Therefore, though surgery can be useful, it is not a very good option as long as the causative factors are addressed.

If you want to see a specialist then a podiatrist or chiropodist will be the right person to seek advice from.

I hope you'll find the information helpful; if you have any other query then I would be happy to answer.