Have constipation, taking tegretal, softovac, dypep and razo. Uncleared Bowel movement. Suggestion?

hi , i am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX , age -33 yrs , i have constipation . I am on medication such as tegretal 200mg( thrice daily) , softovac , dypep , razo 20mg . i am not doing well with BM, , because of uncleared BM i have several problems...please suggest me something or any medicine which can solve my proble
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have to take high fiber diet, fiber supplements and drink lot of fluids.

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

For a good bowel movement you need to eat a high fiber diet and drink lot of fluids. Avoiding sedentary lifestyle and increased physical activity is also essential.
Since you are already taking softovac and is not finding relief, you can consider taking other laxatives like lactulose along with it.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini