Have constant headache and bloodshot eyes. What treatment should be done?

Jun 2015

I have a constant slight headache across the forehead and bloodshot eyes (not too bad though) but also when I cough it aggravates the headache and also when I bend down to get something it aggravates the headache. I do have allergies but this aggravating the headache when coughing (a hacky cough) and bending down is new.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be due to:
1. Sinusitis (Inflammation of paranasal sinus)
2. Tension headache
3. Migraine
4. Cluster headache
5. Any fluctuations in the blood pressure levels.

Symptomatic relief can be obtained by intake of pain killers.
But unless the causative factor is removed, the symptoms cannot be eradicated completely.
So, it will be better to consult your General Physician & get a proper physical examination done.

Investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure levels, X XXXXXXX of paranasal sinuses will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

Appropriate management steps will be taken based on complete history, physical examination & co-relating the findings with investigation reports.

Hope I have been able to answer your query.

Please let me know if I need to clarify further.

Wishing you a Good Health.

Thanks & take care.