Have cold with body ache, cramp sensation on legs, sore throat, ears clog, and yellowish secretion with cough

I have a cold with body acke, cramp sensation on my legs,sore throat ,ears clog, yellowish secretion when I cough do I need to see a Doctor?
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Yes you should see a doctor. That yellowish secretion when you cough could mean bacterial infection. After a physical examination your doctor may order investigations which may include complete blood count, X XXXXXXX chest, etc. Depending on the examination findings he may start antibiotics etc.

Your symptoms are suggestive of respiratory infection. Please see your doctor at the earliest possible.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatric