Have cold hands all the time. What could be the cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
All I want to know is why are my hands cold all the time? I exercise, eat right and all the good things but I 4am ashamed to shake people's hands because they always say "my my your hands are really cold"
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Yes, this is a real doctor.
Feeling of cold hands can be due to decreased oxygen saturation or a vascular insufficiency in the hands or a neurological deficit due to chronic problems like Diabetes or due to functional disorder of the nerves or vitamin B 12 deficiencies.

You need a careful assessment by your physician along with investigations like color Doppler study for arm and hand blood vessels for proper diagnosis and further treatment.
Taking methylcobalamin supplements might help to decrease your problem.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.