Have cold and getting lightheadedness. What should I do for cure?

Hello Just about 20 min. Ago I mixed bleach and Clr I also have a cold and after I was aware of the situstion i had a glass of milk and I went outside to breath fresh air. I don't think. i can fewl it anymore but I have a bit of light headeache. What should I. Do? Please
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query. Your symptoms are suggestive of sinusitis which is an inflammation of the nasal sinuses hence producing nasal congestion and sinus headaches which have been aggravated by bleach.

The best way to get rid of a stuffy nose is to use an over-the-counter (OTC) decongestant combined with an anti-inflammatory analgesic (pain reliever) like Ibuprofen or paracetamol. But these are to be used for 5-7 days at a time.

You may also nasal sprays containing antihistaminics or corticosteroids but these are to be taken under prescription.

However the best treatment for stuffy nose is steam inhalation. Inhaling steam from a bowl of hot (but not boiling water) may help to soften, and loosen, the buildup of mucus in your nose. You may also find that adding some menthol crystals, or eucalyptus oil, to the water helps a lot. Other than that, avoid eating indigestible, spicy, foods and meats and eat simple wholesome foods. Out-of-door exercise, sunbaths and swimming also help a lot.

Hope this answers your query.

If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.