Have coarse hair on chin. Scar after waxing and plucking. Why is this happening?

I have coarse hair that grow on my chin, I am a female so I pluck it and wax it. The waxing and plucking is leaving a pimple like scar. It is happening at the corner of my chin on both corner. Why is this happening and what can I take holistically or scientifically to stop this. I am eating relaly healthy and cannot lose weight, could both be related?
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

You are suffering from Hirsutism.
Hirsutism is the excessive hair on women in those parts of the body where terminal hair does not normally occur or is minimal - for example, a beard or chest hair.

It refers to a male pattern of body hair ( androgenic hair ) and it is therefore primarily of cosmetic concern.

Hirsutism is a symptom rather than a disease and may be a sign of a medical condition, especially if it develops well after puberty .

Also I would like to know-

Do you have menstrual abnormalities or irregularity?

What is your body mass index ?Are you overweight ?

Do you have any other health issue?

Most probable explanation for your condition is PCOS or PCOD.

Polycystic ovarian disease causes hair growth.
It is caused due to harmonal imbalance .

But good thing is that it is treatable.

Excess hair growth can also be treated by topical / oral medication and also laser therapy .

Hope this helps.

If you need any further clarification do let me know.

Follow-up: Have coarse hair on chin. Scar after waxing and plucking. Why is this happening? 44 minutes later
My BMI 35.7
Yes I am overweight. I went to a nutritionist and I am eating healthy now.
I lost 5 pounds and I cannot seem to lose any more.
My periods are regular but two weeks before periods I see minute drops of blood. I thought maybe I am low in Vitamin K.
As a young girl I missed periods a lot I would see my periods every 3 months and the doctors told me not to worry its normal for some people.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 9 hours later
Hi Again,

My advise to you would be to get few investigations done like harmonal panel including
LH &FSH. Also an ultrasonography of abdomen and pelvis is a must.

These investigation will help in diagnosis of PCOS. Once the diagnosis is established you can be treated with harmonal therapy and you would be fine.

A visit to your physician or gyanecologist would be helpful.