Have clot on arm. Getting pain when pressure is applied. Precaution to be taken?

hello doctor! I have a clot on my right arm from a very long time probably months long and creating a very slight pain when applied pressure and seems to be varying in size periodically so please let me know what it might be and suggest precautions to be taken
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 43 minutes later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in.
I would like to know few details of clot. Because any precautions or advise is depends on previous condition.
1. What kind of clot it was? Arterial or venous or superficial,?
2. What was the exact location of clot in arm?
3. Have you investigated it and taking any medication.
4. Do you have any swelling over arm.

It will be possible to decide management or advise depending on this history.
Looking forward for your response.

Follow-up: Have clot on arm. Getting pain when pressure is applied. Precaution to be taken? 45 minutes later
its a superficial clot and looks like a slight bulge when is located below the arm at the middle,no I havent taken medication for it.There is only this bulge and no swelling at the rest of the arm.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi welcome back XXXXXXX
From the description of lesion it doesn't look like a clot. It possibly a benign lesion most likely a small lipoma or ganglion in tendon of muscle. There is periodic variation in size of lesion. It is one of the feature of ganglion.
At present no need to worry too much. Please consult your surgeon for proper examination of lesion. Ultrasonography of that lesion will delineate the exact nature. After that further management can be decided.

Hope I have answered your query.