Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Have cleaned floor using bleach, eyes did sting and nose felt funny. Is it safe?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1587 Questions
hello my name is XXXXXXX ive just cleaned my floor with XXXXXXX and water, with bleach sprayed on the floor. not realising it was XXXXXXX will I be ok? my eyes did sting a bit which has now gone. my nose felt a bit funny aswell. this was over an hour ago.

with thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Common reaction to bleach

Detailed Answer:
This is almost certainly related to the bleach. It is very irritating to the eyes and mucous membranes. This will almost certainly resolve rather quickly. One thought is to take a shower and make sure that you are completely free of any residual deposits of fumes on your clothes. Also, wash these clothes and put new ones on.

I hope that this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor