Have chronic nausea. Wake up in morning feeling claustrophobic and nauseous. Remedy?

I have chronic nausea yet I don't throw up(vomit), I don't know if it is something I ate or stock market stress, I bought blackberry on margin(BORROWED money). Yet I have been doing stock purchases for years yet this is the first times I am doing it on borrowed money. I wake at night and early morning not feeling well almost claustrophobic and nauseous, walking around all night. I have ms( I am 41) yet I have had it for 25 years and am walking with a limp. I think I may have had a ms attack in my legs a few months ago but it was not serious(no major disability so far). To me that does not explain the nausea(could be more stress). I have been drinking warm ginger in water to easy the nausea, I had a ginger ale which made me burp which helped but waking up tomorrow I have a feeling it may be back as it has for almost two weeks now. Well that is it.......Ali

Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later

thanks for your health concerns. in patients with high stress levels, it is not uncommon to have nausea as a manifestation of esophageal/ gastric problems such as esophagitis, gastritis or reflux; it is well lnown that psychologic stress increases production of acid and peptic enzymes; it would be reasoable to talk to your physician to see if a trial of acid blocking medication could be tried; I totally agree with you that this does not seem a typical manifestation of ms

yours truly

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN