Have chronic constipation accompanied with nausea and bloating. Endoscopy and CT enteroclysis normal. Still worry?

I am 46 & from last 6 months I am having nausea and always feel bloated i never feel hungry all my test reports of endoscopy &c t entroclysis are normal .Iam a chronic constipation patient &totally on laxatives .Iam on medicines but no relief .what should I do/

Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 8 hours later

Thank you for posting in your query

It is good to know that you have got your endoscopy, CT scan and enteroclysis done to rule out any gastrointestinal cause

I hope you must have got a endoscopic biopsy done to rule out H.pylori infection. If present it requires specific antibiotic treatment

Certain basic suggestions need to be followed to prevent gastritis like symptoms:
1. Drinking plenty of water
2. Going low on spicy and oily food. Incorporate fibre XXXXXXX diet in each meal with salads and greens
3. To eat atleast 2 hours before sleep time
4. To get minimum 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night
5. To minimize stress levels be it personal or professional
6. To incorporate exercise regime in daily life; 20-30 min of moderate exercise atleast 5 days a week
7. To sleep with the head end of the bed raised

Both Razo and Librax need to be taken atleast 30 mins before food. Ludowel is usually prescribed for constipation to be taken along with food.

Also kindly get the following tests done to rule out any other systemic causes for your symptoms: CBC (Complete blood count), ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate), Vitamin B12, Folate, Thyroid function, Lipid profile and liver function tests

Hope I have answered your query

Remember that stress can induce a lot of gastric problems. Minimizing it by sharing or seeking help would definitely benefit you

Dr Gowri