Have chest pain. ECG normal. Heart in danger? How to prevent it?

Dear sir, iam XXXXXXX 27 age with 80 kg, past 3 months iam getting chest pain some time in left / right/ back side, they have taken ecg normal kindly say whether it will affects heart , and prevention
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 25 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

You haven't mentioned your height, so that I can know if your weight is appropriate to your height.

Chest pain may be a symptom of underlying heart problem. But since your ECG is normal, it is less likely to be heart related pathology. Do not panic. There are various causes for chest pain and all the causes for it have to be ruled out one by one. Muscle pull / Gastroesophageal reflux disease are amongst them and can be ruled out by a detailed examination and evaluation.

Hence I suggest you to get yourself examined by a Meanwhile, the following lifestyle modifications will also benefit you:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
3.) Avoid alcohol and smoking, if you do.
4.) Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight.
5.) Avoid lying down immediately after having food..
6.) Apply heat pads or cold packs to where you feel the pain. This will help if it is a Muscular pain.
8.) Avoid hot, spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available to answer your follow up queries if any.

Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Follow-up: Have chest pain. ECG normal. Heart in danger? How to prevent it? 36 minutes later
Dear sir,thanks for reply my weight 79 i have checked egc nad chest x XXXXXXX with ct scan all normal, they given pan d tab 30days but still iam takeing it for last 6 months ,whether it will affected and releated into heart sir
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 16 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

Since your ECG (electrocardiogram), Chest X-ray and CT (computerized tomography) Scan are normal, your symptoms are not related to your heart. It could be simple Gastritis, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) or muscle pull.

As I said earlier, get an opinion from a Take Pan D as directed, follow the lifestyle modifications which I have discussed with you, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.