Have chest and throat tightness, anxiety attacks, increased heartbeat. Echo doppler shows LV impaired relaxation. EKG normal. Possible?

Question
How often are echo dopplers misread when it comes to LV impaired relaxation. All other tests are normal. Have chest/throat tightness/anxiety attacks.
My heart races in the morning to 150 bpm. Is this related? Would this impaired lv relaxation or diastolic dysfunction show on Ekg, CT. Scan, stress test??? How can this show up when all tests are normal? Is something wrong with me?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Impaired relation of the left ventricle has to be studied well as such defect can be seen even in normal people when there is rhythm disturbance due to unimportant cause. Rhythm disturbance due to causes like hyperventilation, fear etc could sometimes present with LV diastolic dysfunction in the ECHO.

A repeat echo may be needed to confirm the fact.

Yes, A ECG can identify LV relaxation defect. If not found in ECG but found in Echo then confirmation with re-echo would be needed after a period of a stress free month.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Have chest and throat tightness, anxiety attacks, increased heartbeat. Echo doppler shows LV impaired relaxation. EKG normal. Possible? 1 hour later
Ecg and ekg are the same? And if i had 2 norm ekg's all should be good? Here is a pic of an ekg i had in march. My CT scan of the chest would spot that too?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Yes, ECG and EKG are the same.

I have gone through the reports you attached. The EKG appears fine.

I see there is no need for a repeat EKG. A repeat 2D ECHO is what needed after a period of one month.

No, CT scan chest would not help to identify such mechanical disturbances in the heart.