Have cervical spondylosis, tinnitus and BPPV. Feeling dizzy, burning sensation in neck. Safe remedy?

ENT Specialist
I never had ear pain, or discharge or inflamation at any time, but i used to have Tinnitus in 2009 for which i have taken medicines prescribed by ENT. Since then i never had any symptoms. But i had vertigo (BPPV) in 2011.
The dizziness i get particularly :
1.When i get up from the bed or lying down into the bed lasts only for few seconds .
2. if i sleep turning to the right side of my body keeping my left ear down on the pillow.I observed this on few occasions or when sleeping upright also.
3.When i bend my neck down or look up towards sky
4.if i read paper while standing and looking down
5.when i pick up something off the floor or bend my body forward
6 when i see my left shoulder by bending my neck left side.
7.When i tried Brandt Doroff position.the symptom lasts only for few seconds
The dizziness lasts for a few minutes or for about 1,2 or 3 days or a week or 10 days in which time i take Stugeron 25 mg twice a day or vertin 16 mg twice a day and wear collar.When i get pain in the neck region i take zero dol P or some diclofenac medicine. Sometimes I feel some burning sensation on the left side of my neck either in the nerve or in the neck muscle i do not know. I have undergone audiometry also where in i have 60% loss in my left ear and 40% loss in right ear.
Do you attribute these symptoms to cervical spondylosis or to middle ear problem, since i have cervical spondylosis for many years also. I am not in a position to arrive at correct conclusion. If you require any further clarification, i shall submit.
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 3 hours later

I have gone through query regarding vertigo. As you told that you feel it when ever your left ear is up this indicates that your left ear is compromised as far as vestibular functions are concern. This is a comparative presentation means if anybody is having defect in both ear then the ear having more hypo active vestibule will create vertigo whenever it is up on lying down position.

Sir in your case three possible factors are responsible for dizziness-
(1) Age- since you are 70 years old so there is chances of vestibular insufficiency due to atherosclerosis of fine vessels of vestibule.
(2) Cervical spondylosis- As you are suffering from spondylosis for quite long this may also be cause external pressure over vessels to produce vestibular insufficiency.
(3) BPPV.

You have already being investigated; but few more tests are necessary to rule out these possibilities.-
(1) C.T. scan of neck
(2) Doppler study of neck vessels.
(3) Vestibular function tests like- E.N.G.
(4) C.T. scan of head to rule out any neoplastic growth at C.P.angle.

We can be able to identify the real cause through these tests. I would suggest you to discuss with your treating doctor about the tests. Once the disease is confirm your treatment can be planned accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

With Regards