Have cervical spondylosis, prolapsed discs, neck pain. Upper thigh and hip numb. Related to neck?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi and thank you in advance,im a 36 year old healthy female. no sgnificant medical histoy,have cervical spondylosis,prolapsed discs als,neck pain,quite bad at the moment,having physio etc,so ok on that front. This morning my upper thigh and hip area went nunb and remains so.can walk,no pins and needles,just on palpation,cant feel area,feels heavy,but can walk,would this be related to my neck probs.feel bit light headed,no vision issues.just numbness.thank you XXXXXXX crokrin
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Your symptoms are likely to be due to nerve root compression at L3-L4 level due to mild disc protrusion. A follow up MRI scan will help in confirming the findings.
Since there is only numbness of the affected area it suggests that the affection of nerve root is only minimal.
Such minor symptoms are usually taken care of by Methylcobalamin supplements which you can take after consulting your orthopedician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.