Have carotid artery althrosis. Which diet and vitamin is best for carotid artery?

I have carotid artery althrosis. I ask you which diet and vitamin is best for carotid artery.
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medications.Low fat,complex carbohydrate,Vegetable

Detailed Answer:

For carotid artery atherosis/atherosclerosis, you need to continue clotting disorder medicine prescribed from your cardiologist/doctor.

For Diet, you need to take only required calories of food distributed through out the day. I have mentioned some good food for you.

1. Eat low fat diet with lean meat, lot of veggies and fruits. Limit fat intake in general specially fats found in butter, hard margarine, fried foods, sweets and desserts. Better is home made food. Oil like Safflower oil is good in limited quantity.

2. Fish like salmon. It has omega-3 fatty acids and is good for heart. The American Heart Association recommends two servings a week.

3. Use complex carbohydrates like whole-wheat, whole-grain and limit simple carbohydrates (regular soft drinks, sugar, sweets).

Along with diet drink plenty of fluids and if overweight / obese, losing fat and doing cardio regularly is very important.
Be stress free, do relaxing techniques like yoga, pranayama etc.Keep monitoring your blood sugar,BP and lipid levels. Salt restriction is helpful in maintaining BP and your kidney.

So in nutshell: All the nutrients (proteins, vitamins and minerals) are required in adequate quantity. So have balanced diet. Avoid fat as much as possible.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.

If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well.
Wish you a very happy life and good health.