Have candida infection. Which medicine should I take? How to get rid of it?

hi yes i need an answer now if thats possible regarding candida albican results
and what medication i need to be taking to get rid of it
either an XXXXXXX medicine or gastro specialist
is their one there?
my results from blood and stool sample are 1/2560 and 1/40 is this high?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 8 hours later

Thanks for visiting XXXXXXX

I went through your history and can feel your agony.

Let me tell you that Candida usually infect muco-cutaneous area like mouth, vulvovaginal area, eye infections and in severely immunocompromised persons can cause meningitis, pneumonia etc. Moreover, the serological tests you are mentioning above (1/2560, 1/40), though high in stool is not internationally validated and still we rely on isolation of candidal hyphae and seeing it directly under microscope.

Now coming to your problem, recurrent vomiting and diarrhoea can signify recurrent infections which may be a consequence of polluted water or food stuff. Similarly in intrinsic gastro-intestinal abnormality like lactose intolerance or inflammatory bowel disease, this can be a symptom and you may need some targeted investigations like stool fat estimations or else may need direct visualisation of your colon via colonoscopy.

I will advise you to go for stool microscopy especially for amoeba and giardia and culture next time whenever you get the episode.

I wish if you have told which antibiotic gets you relieved off the symptoms during the episodes.

Now regarding anti candidal drug, though I am not sure of its efficacy in you because, I strongly doubt the diagnosis of candidal diarrhoea here, you may try azole group of drugs like fluconazole which are first line anti candidal molecule. Please take them only under the guidance of your treating physician.

Best wishes