Have burns and scar tissue in throat. Should I go for surgery?

ENT Specialist
I saw an ENT in Seattle, I have burns and scar tissue in my throat from a floor sealer. Will I recover or will I need surgery to remove tissue. it feels like something is stuck in my throat and I can't talk
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. You need a get a videolaryngoscopy done. A flexible or rigid esophagoscopy will be contra-indicated in case of fresh corrosive burns.

2. How long ago did this happen?

3. The need for removal of scar tissue and debridement will depend upon the extent of the damage and the time elapsed since the injury.

4. You may share an endoscopic video of your throat and larynx for further advice.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.