Ask a Urologist   »  

Have burning sensation on penis tip. Tested negative for chalmydia. On antibiotic. Suggest safe medication

Question
I have a burning sensation inside the tip of the penis.....test have been negative for clahmydia (although I realise can be hard to test for in men) and gonnarea and now on antibiotics for trichomoniasis what is a cream that can be used locally to stop the irritation until I find some meds that work to cure infection- on and inside the tip? I have Hydrozole and Clonea at home...are these safe and will they ease the irritation?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 32 minutes later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The irritation you are having in tip of the penis might be a urinary tract or genital tract infection. Do not use blind treatment for the irritation. First have urine analysis and if you find any infections in urine analysis then go for urine culture and sensitivity and then use the effective antibiotics. The culture will also identify the causative organism. If you had any recent unprotected sexual intercourse then also screen for STDs. now you can use diclofenic sodium and cranberry extract tablets for current symptoms with increased fluid intake.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Have burning sensation on penis tip. Tested negative for chalmydia. On antibiotic. Suggest safe medication 21 hours later
Ok thanks, the issue is I have had urine tests and culture tests and nothing has shown up. I understand that the next test would be to take a swab from inside the penis with a probe to determine what type of bacteria I'm up against is that right?

What is diclofenic sodium? Is this in a tablet form? I've actually used cranberry and they were quite good....what should be the dosage for both of these supplements and can you use them together?

If I am facing a resistant strain of something, are there solutions for cure?

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Thanks for the reply

If you had negative cultures then it means that the infection is not in the tract or may be you don't have any infection. The symptoms might be due to irritation. The culture and sensitivity has two components. 1. culture that grows the bacterial culture and the organism is identified. 2. sensitivity that identifies the sensitive antibiotic against the identified organism in the culture.

The diclofenic sodium is a pain killer and an anti inflammatory which is on the counter available drug and it is available in form of syrup, tablets, injections and topical lotions or cream and gel. you are supposed to take tablets of 50 mg twice a day. The cranberry are also taken twice daily and they both can be used together. you can also use hydrocortisone cream locally.

Thanks