Have burning foot syndrome, vit B 12 and Vit D deficiency. Facing pain in shoulder, pain and neck

I have been having vit B 12 and Vit D defficeincy from last 2 years...
i have burning foot syndrome...severe
I have been facing huge pain in arm shoulder, neck and back from last one month ...
after some medication the pain is gone...
but suddenly now from 2 days i have a jerk in the back/spine when i laugh, sneeze or climb stairs,
i am unable to hold my neck high and watch ceiling
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Based on the description of the problem you provided, I suspect it to be due to a Musculo-skeletal defect rather than a neurological involvement. It could be secondary to Vitamin D deficiency.

I would like to know some more details to understand your problem better and opine specifically.

What medications are you on for Vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency and since when, do mention the dosage and course.
What was the medication you took to get relieved from pain a month back?
Do you have pain in the neck when you try to look up?

Waiting for your response,

Follow-up: Have burning foot syndrome, vit B 12 and Vit D deficiency. Facing pain in shoulder, pain and neck 7 hours later
I have been having pain since one month , which appeared for few days to have reduced after i took the following tablets for 5 days:
Mecovon - OD...Once a Day
Evion- LC---Once a day
Minosta D3- Once a Day
Etoshne MR- Once a Day
Flexura D--once a day

After 5 days , the pain reduced.
But the shocking, and jerk effect in the Back started after gap of 2 days...
Whenever I sneeze, laugh, cough or climb stairs, i can feel that....
Today morning I feel pain in my arms and fore arms also when i try to sit straight, It is a sort of pain you feel when some body pulls your nerves tightly...

Yes, feel pain in my neck and upper back ,when i try to look up...

From My last reports:
My Vitamin B 12 levels are: 251 pg/ml
My Vitamin D Total (25 OH) levels are 18.8 ng/ml
Haemoglobin levels are 15.1 g/dl
Iron is 62.6 ug/dl
My sugar and BP levels are normal
KFT and LFT was normal

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later

Thanks for the information.

After going through the information provided, I would like modify my opinion by saying that the pains you have now could be a combined effect of both bone and nerve involvement due to vitamin D and Pregabalin. This will help by improving the nerve health. You may have to consult your treating doctor who can formulate a suitable dosage based on clinical findings.

Also you may have to continue Etoshne MR for few more days to get rid of the problem completely.

Physiotherapy may also be of immense help in your condition.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.