Have bruised ribs and dull aching pain under ribs after a fall. What do you suggest?
User rating for this question
I got bucked off a horse landed right on my tailbone. in the fall I sprained my left wrist bad and bruised a rib on the back right side and bruised my tailbone it has been 2 weeks now, now the front side of my abdomen right under my rib cage has been aching with dull pain hurts a little when I breath or just lying around I am 51 male 212 pounds my wrist has been x rayed just a sprain and is way better now an the back rib has healed up pretty good but now the pain in the front bothers me any suggestions XXXX
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be because of contusion of lower ribs. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, From your description it is clear that you had a bad fall and have injured yourself at many places. But it`s heartening to know that you are healing fast. The pain under your rib cage on the abdomen also seems to be due to the fall. You may have sustained contusion of the lower ribs or some soft tissue injury. If the x ray chest is normal, this will also subside gradually as the injured tissue heals. However, i just want to know if you are taking too many pain killers especially those belonging to NSAID group because they can cause gastritis, pain of which may mimic the pain due to contusion or soft tissue injury. I suggest you take a Pan 40 or equivalent to counter/prevent gastritis and do not take pain killers on empty stomach. Take care.
People also viewed
- Swallowed something big now chest tight
- Bruising of the ribs fall under fmla
- Bilateral prominent broncho vascular markings
- Is blurred vision or change in vision a side effect of quinine?
- Bruised ribs painful what can subside the pain
- Prominent brochovascular markings in bilateral lung
- What is the bilateral bronchitis
- Is slow or fast heartbeat a side effect of pulmicort flexhaler?
- Big gas bubble in my chest
- Pain near the rib cage after a fall bruised liver
- Is vaginal bleeding or spotting a side effect of pirmella 1/35?
- Bruised ribs pain
- Is sudden weakness in the arms or legs a side effect of prozac?
- Is lump in the breast or under the arm a side effect of prolia?
- Bruised ribs with stomach pain