Have brown spots around ankles with slight burning sensation. How to cure this?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Have brown spots around ankles and around XXXXXXX area and slight burning around one of the ankles stand for long periods of time doing Security work sometime 7-8 hours of standing per shift 6 days a week and noone else in the family has anything like this or our family history.
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
I have seen your photo, and considering you job and age this condition is most probably caused by circulatory insufficiency, venous of course and is called hypostatic dermatitis.
Venous stasis causes pooling red blood cells to stain the skin of the ankles from the inside out, brown patches on the ankles.
Venous stasis can occur due to injury, surgery or poor circulation. It is characteristic for people who stand a lot, overweight ones and those who have inadequate footwear. You can treat the cause and those skin changes. First thing is done by manual massage therapy, compression stockings, frequent periods of rest elevating the legs above the heart(ypu should do it at work.). You simply need to stand less,this is the best treatment for it. Also vascular surgeon can perform procedure which is routine and it has very good results. Skin changes are treated by dermatologists with skin lubrications, creams and coatings.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help