Have brown discoloration on hands and fingernails. Remedy?

I have a brown discoloration on my hands, I have had this for 3-4 days, and washing does not remove the rusty-looking stains. The discoloration is on both palms, but worse on my left hand and fingernails. What is it and how do
I get rid of it??
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wash with spirit & lime.Vit B12 & Vit C.Get Examin

Detailed Answer:
Hi Thanks for using XXXXXXX

I went through your query and understand the concern.

The discoloration may be due to any external stains or due to XXXXXXX problem.

1. Do you remember any trauma/injury or insect bite or handling any chemicals at work? these are the few external causes for discoloration.
If the stain is due to any chemicals it will take few day to clear. You can wash with lime and dettol to remove the stain up to certain percentage.
If due to any insect bite or trauma needs further examination and management.

2. I will be little concerned if you develop any itching or pain or difficulty in finger movements and swelling as these are associated with vascular problem or local tissue injury. Keeping your medical history in mind I advice you to get examined by your doctor once, and get checked BP and pulse in both the arms.

3. The other cause may be due to vitamin deficiency like lack of vitamin C or B12 or anemia. For time being start taking Vit C and B12 supplements that are available as OTC drugs and get examined by your doctor.

You need to continue all the drugs given for diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol and have to monitor them at regular intervals.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well.
Wish you a very happy life and good health.