Have brown discoloration in gluteal cleft. Cause and cure?

I have a brown discoloration in my gluteal cleft. I also have some skin peeling at very top. What could this be?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 17 minutes later

Thank you for writing to us.

This could most probably be any of the following conditions:
- Intertrigo
- Fungal infection
- Candidal infection
- Secondary bacterial infections
- Dermatophyte infection

A diagnosis is usually made with the help of a physical examination and skin scrapings which can be examined in a laboratory.

Do not worry, as all the above conditions are normally seen in body folds which are usually moist, and is exacerbated by warm weather and obesity. Wear comfortable clothes and visit a dermatologist for a diagnosis and treatment (steroid creams, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial soaps or anti-candidal agents).

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further clarifications or information, I would be glad to help.

Best wishes.