Have bright, red, flat rash on groin area and white tongue. Looking for treatment

My son has a bright red flat rash on his groin. He also he white on his tongue and tinsel. It has been 3 XXXXXXX now. He had the same thing 3weeks ago.
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I would like to have some more details about the groin rash to help us conclude:
1. Size.
2. Margins.
3. Is it associated with itching?
4. Is it raised from the surface?
5. How did it heal three weeks back? What medication was applied?

It would be better if you can upload a picture of the rash using the "Upload a picture" feature provided on the right side of this query page.

Rashes in the groin are usually fungal in origin and can be treated by appropriate anti-fungal ointment if applied for about a week or so.

Regarding the "white on his tongue and tonsil”, I would appreciate more details so that I can guide you further.

Awaiting your response.