Have breast cancer. Had metastatis to the spine. Chest x-ray showed Homogenous radio-opacity in left parahilar region. Meaning?

Oncologist, Surgical
i have Breast Ca and am currently in remission through i had metastatis to the spine around 3 years back. I got a routine chest xray done yesterday amnd it says XXXXXXX Homogenous radio-opacity in left parahilar region XXXXXXX Everything else on the report is ok. ( Even the blood test and sonography of abodomen + pelvic was NAD ). But this particular comment on the chest xray report is emboldened. What are the chances that my cancer has metastasised to the lung ? I had some slight cough and cold for the past few days. I can hear a slight wheezing sound...which eems to be synomous with cold-cough sysmptoms. But am a little worried. I have an appointment post 1.5 weeks and hence am seeking your opinion. I currently am on Femara.
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 35 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Considering your past history of breast cancer and your description of the lesion on the x-ray, it does look suspicious. You need to get a PET scan or a high resolution CT scan to confirm the diagnosis. You should schedule an appointment with your oncologist as soon as possible and get these tests done. If it does tun out to be positive for cancer, you would require chemotherapy.

Hoping for the best.

Dr. Rohan Khandelwal
Breast Surgeon