Have blotchy red, white and purple spots on legs. Is this related to circulation problem?

Hi there, I have blotchy spots that are red, white and purple on my legs that are usually worst in the morning when I get up or after a shower. When you rub them they go away. Is this something to do with circulation problems? Thanks:)
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Possibilities are.
1. Circulatory problem ( arterial/ venous) as you suspected.
2. Dermatological problem.
The latter is more likely as circulatory problems can cause other symptoms like swelling, pain throbbing or aching in nature and even ulcer.
If the above symptoms are not present, then is likely to be skin problem.
If it persists, medical advice is needed for focused history, physical examination in lying down and standing position etc---.
Hope this helps.