Ask a Urologist   »  

Have blood in urine. Medication and cause?

Hello, i have when medical test for visa . They found 4+ blood in my urine . I needed to retest . How do i get medication for this and what is the reason?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

The reason for presence of blood may be due various causes like cystitis, bleeding disorders, stones in kidney, ureteric, bladder, acute glomerulonephritis (which is the inflammation small blood vessels called glomeruli in the kidneys, trauma to genital tract, menstrual contamination etc. Some other rare causes include rarely renal vein thrombosis, tumors of bladder, kidney pelvis, ureter etc.

I suggest you to visit a Urologist doctor as soon as possible since the treatment depends on the cause and to identify the cause a physical examination is mandatory. After proper physical examination, we may rule out certain possibilities and then some appropriate and more specific investigation like ultrasound of abdomen/pelvis, Complete blood picture, etc are advised to identify the definite cause.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.