Have bloating problem. Prescribed neksium after endoscopy. What diet should I take?

I had bloating problem. Done endoscopy. Report says: Lax GE junction, Mild gastritis. Doc has asked to consume a single neksium empty stomach every day. got good result. i am continuing .
Please tell me what food to eat, what all to avoid, any specific lifestyle. I want to become completely normal.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 10 hours later

Thanks for contacting XXXXXXX

Bloating problem is usually caused by many digestive problems. In your case Endoscopy is near normal, the finding seen your case are fairly common in normal people. You probably have a condition called Non-ulcer dyspepsia (NUD). If you are feeling relief with Neksium, then it is very good as Neksium is a very safe medicine.

You should follow a healthy life style, which means regular exercise. Exercise can be in form of swimming or brisk exercise or cycling or what ever you enjoy.

Regarding diet, less of fats, less of spices, less of sour things, less of tea and coffee are recommended. Check if milk gives you symptoms, stop milk for few days and see how you feel. If you feel better with out milk then stop taking milk and milk products. Instead you can take curd or lassi (buttermilk). You should also avoid other eatables that you think always precipitate your symptoms.

And lastly, do not think that your are abnormal or diseased. You are completely normal and healthy. These are common symptoms seen in healthy people.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal