Have black spots on face. Not cured by chemical peeling and laser treatment. Proper treatment?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
Question

This is for my wife.She having some black dark spots in her face. We did couple of cosmetic treatment like chemical peeling, laser treatment etc but no much help. It fades for a week and get darker after that
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Beauty

Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 25 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for your query at health care magic
What is apparent from your description, that your wife is having melasma or pigmentation problem.There is no permanent cure for this.You can use Laser or peels to lighten them, but the most important part is , to avoid direct sunlight falling on the face.So ask her to keep her face covered with something when going out.She can apply ointments like melalite to lighten them and Also to apply sun screen with SPF more than 40 .I feel with these precautions you may not need any further laser or peels.I hope i have answered all your doubts.If you have any more questions feel free to post again or mail me.
God bless
Dr Mayank Singh MS ,MCh.
Consultant Plastic, Cosmetic, Hair transplant & Laser surgeon
Radiance Cosmedic Centre
New Delhi, India
Email: YYYY@YYYY

Follow-up: Have black spots on face. Not cured by chemical peeling and laser treatment. Proper treatment? 1 hour later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for your reply. This marks are in her face and looks very odd as its quite visible. I would like to know there is any way we can permanently remove it. Is plastic surgery is an option for this. Even if its not advicable can you please suggest some way which will lighten these marks till some extend

Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 9 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query again
I understand your concern and what you are facing , but this doesnt have any permanent surgical cure even in plastic surgery , other wise I would have advised you the same.The only solution is that get laser or peel done again whichever was more effective , followed by the precautions I mentioned in my previous post .That is the only way to go about it unfortunately .Do post again if you wish to ask anything more
Take care , God Bless
Dr Mayank Singh MS ,MCh.
Radiance Cosmedic Centre
New Delhi, India
Email: YYYY@YYYY