Have bilateral pain in back and migraine headache. Underlying cause and cure?

When I have a migraine headache, it is always accompanied by bilateral pain in my back, at about the kidney level. In fact, my back becomes so sensitive that I must "glide" my feet across the floor, because stepping is too jarringly painful.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 29 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

Let me tell you that the causes of headache are many like migraine, tension headache, brain tumor/infection/bleed/presence of abnormal blood vessels in brain and so on. Another important cause of headache in this age group could be related to temoral arteritis which can be detected by a simple blood test called erythrocyte sedimentation rate and this will be very high in this condition. I feel that you should undergo a detailed neurological evaluation by a local neurologist who will assess you and plan the investigations accordingly. Investigations that will help rule out serious cause as listed above are MRI scan of the brain and spine as you have back pain too. Further note that a clinical evaluation will help us guide you better.

Because of the age I would like to note these investigations data before I start treatment. In the mean time you may try simple analgesics like paracetamol, ibuprofen etc.

Hope this clarifies your query
Please get back to me in case you have any other concern

Best wishes