Have been trying to get pregnant after the abortion but not able to do so. Advise?

I have been trying to get pregnant after the abortion I had in October 2012 I was three months pregnant.....but from then to now I can't concieve again
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apoointment with gynecologist or infertility speci

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

This deserves a careful evaluation. It is important to know the outcome of the abortion, if it was normal or you experienced any complications there after. This is important because, in case of any post abortion complications, especially when infectious, it might be very useful to screen for pelvic infection and get them treated first.

Secondly, the frequency of unprotected sexual relations with your partner, and the timing of these relations could be very useful. It is very necessary to be conscious of the regularity of the menstrual cycle. With a regular menstrual cycle, it is very easy to plan to intensify sexual contact during the ovulation period to increase chances of pregnancy.

I strongly suggest you book an appointment first with a gynecologist/obstetrician or an infertility specialist for a complete clinical review and advice. this should be an initial and very useful step in the management plan. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.,

Bain LE, MD.