Have been taking Vitamin A, D, B6 and now have water infection. Suggest?

I have been taking vitamin a d b6 and now i have a water ifection what should i do
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 13 minutes later
Dear madam,

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Can you please elaborate your question . Multivitamin supplement do not lead to infection of any kind . I did not get what you mean by water infection.

Kindly elaborate.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Have been taking Vitamin A, D, B6 and now have water infection. Suggest? 3 hours later
Think i might have overdosed on vitamin D
worried i might have a kidney stone got a uti infection
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Dear sir ,

Well looking into your history there is a possibilty that excess vitamin D may have led to this. vitamin D causes abnormally high blood concentrations of calcium (hypercalcemia), which can cause calcium deposition and renal stones .

Since you are having UTI that may be unrelated or related . One thing is that get vitamin D levels , calcium levels , ALP , USG abdomen etc for evaluation .

The recommended daily allowance is 600 IU per day ,now you can assess whether you had an overdosage or if its not there it may be totally .

I advise you to see an endocrinologist for further evaluation if you had excess dose of vitamin D.

Dr. Shruti